The COVID-19 case numbers are falling, many people have already been vaccinated for the 1st or even 2nd time, and the Federal Council's opening steps give reason to hope for a return to some normality and freedom.
The organizers are holding on to the Gornergrat Zermatt Marathon because of the opening steps that have been announced. If the development continues to be so promising, the starting signal for the running adventure on the most beautiful mountain in the world will be given on 3 and 4 July 2021 after a year's break; naturally in compliance with all the prescribed safety measures.
You can find more information here:
- Saturday, 3rd July 2021 in St. Niklaus: Start Relay race, Marathon and Ultra Marathon – starting time will be announced later
- Sunday, 4th July 2021 in Zermatt, Obere Matten: Start Half Marathon – starting time will be announced later
- Only vaccinated, negative tested and recovered people can participate at the Gornergrat Zermatt Marathon. Until the beginning of July, the COVID-certificate will be available. More Information will follow at a later time
- Runners who are living in Switzerland and the Principality of Liechtenstein will receive their race number by post. For runners residing abroad, the race number will be issued in St. Niklaus or Zermatt. Information on this will follow at a later date
- Runners who have registered for this year's Gornergrat Zermatt Marathon but are unable to start have the opportunity to transfer their starting place to 2022. Please contact email@example.com by 12 June 2021 at the latest - no requests for transfers will be accepted after this date.
Due to the current situation, we are unfortunately unable to carry out the framework program in the usual manner this year and have to cancel the following:
- Tent in Zermatt, Pasta-Party, musical supporting program
- Showers in the finish area. However, we will offer changing facilities on the Riffelberg
- Discounted day passes for spectators as well as the travelling grandstand from St. Niklaus to Zermatt
We are still looking for volunteers (for Saturday and/or Sunday) - if you have time and want to help, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org - thank you very much for your support.
- refreshment posts (finish Riffelberg)
If there are any changes in the meantime, we will inform you via website and/or mail.
On behalf of the Gornergrat Zermatt Marathon